Wellness and reablement are an integral part of empowering older Australians to actively participate in happier, healthier, and independent lives. KeepAble has developed e-Learning modules to help those working in the aged care sector to become the voice of wellness and reablement.
Accessing e-Learning modules
Our e-Learning modules are available to access at any time, for either desktop, tablet, or mobile, and only take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. To access a module, click the ‘Register here’ button below each module. Our LMS window will open and you will be asked to either log in or register with your email address and password, after which you will be assigned access to our courses.
Course title: An introduction to Wellness and Reablement
Module: Welcome to Wellness and Reablement
In this short, engaging, and interactive module titled ‘Welcome to Wellness and Reablement’, you will learn about wellness and reablement, gain insights into why people and their families may resist this approach, and learn practical tips to respond within an authentic scenario.
Module: Communicating Wellness and Reablement
This module continues from the previous module, Welcome to Wellness and Reablement, and is focused on helping you to understand the differences between ‘Traditional’ home care and Wellness and Reablement approaches and provide information about Wellness and Reablement strategies.
You will also learn ways to communicate and reinforce these strategies to help your clients stay at home longer.
Course title: An evidence-based tool to promote Reablement
Module: Introducing LifeCurve™ – Part 1 and The Power of LifeCurve™ – Part 2
The two modules in this course will explain this evidence-based tool for providing a new perspective on the reablement discussion, and how to utilise the LifeCurve™ to engage your clients with self-assessment of their ageing journey.
Resources for Home Care Providers
- Making choices, finding solutionsThis guide has been developed so people can make informed decisions when choosing assistive technology and home modification solutions. Review the eBook online.
- KeepAble resources to downloadThis page provides links to all our resources for download on one page. We do suggest reading the supporting articles however to gain a true understanding of the accompanying resource.
- It’s time to get serious about goal settingFor those accessing aged care supports, setting goals and planning towards achieving them provides the person a voice, making them and what they wish to achieve the focal point of the support being provided.
- Guide to writing support plansA support plan provides guidance to clients and support staff so they can work together to achieve the client’s goals.
- Preparing your annual Wellness and Reablement reportCompiling your annual Wellness and Reablement report requires preparation and ensuring you have collected the right data.
- Assistive Technology Essentials (Part one)The aim of this guide is to build awareness and knowledge among Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) service providers and the broader aged care sector of the benefits of Assistive Technology (AT) and the role it plays as part of a Wellness and Reablement service delivery approach with improved outcomes for older people.
- Assistive Technology Essentials (Part two)Assistive Technology Essentials Part 2 is a guide for consumers, families, practitioners, and the home support sector that support them. Based on the best available evidence and extensive practice knowledge, this resource is a valuable knowledge translation tool in the rapidly evolving landscape of assistive technology.
- Group Social Support – It starts with a conversationInitial conversations undertaken with clients need to explore how they previously socialised, what prevents them from returning to previous activities, how long has it been, and how they envisage their social network to look in the future.